Sunday, July 10, 2011

Onion Juice for Alopecia... It Works!

I am sure if you suffer from alopecia, you have at least heard about this alternative treatment. I have the worst and most rare kind. A year ago I didn't even have hair in my nose. There are many things I have been doing that have impoved my situation, but since I have started using onion juice, now I don't have to look closely to see the new peach fuzz sprouting on my head; I have only been using the onion regularly for a few weeks.

I put an onion, I recently started adding garlic, in my juicer to extract the juice; I use an old crappy one I got at the thrift store. I keep it in the fridge for daily use, it seems to keep for several days; the garlic will turn the mixture blue green after a couple of days, it is still good.

Here is what I try to do every day.

I take a prenatal vitamin with food or juice; I use this kind, because this is what the doctor recommended when I was a teenager for my alopecia.

use a natural bristle nail brush and brush my scalp and eyebrows.

use a cotton ball to rub the onion/garlic juice all over my scalp and a tiny bit on my eyebrows; then I go do something else for at least half an hour.

I wash off what I can of the onion juice, then rinse with a bit of lemon juice; the lemon helps to get rid of most of the onion smell.

I mix in the palm of my hand equal parts sweet almond oil and vitamin E oil with a couple of drops of sage oil. My mom used to put straight E on my head when I was little and it was a goopy mess, the almond oil helps with this and the sage is supposed to be good for hair growth, plus it completely masks any lingering onion smell.

I massage this mixture into my scalp and eyebrows, I try to spend several minutes after just massaging my scalp and imagining myself with a full head of hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment