Thursday, June 16, 2011

Who is the most awesome band ever. Pretty Lights!

My favorite group for so many reasons. They are awesome, they are AWESOME, their own record label, free music (you should be kind and donate). They used to just give it away, but I, and I am sure hundreds of others, emailed them begging for a donate button so we could send them something for their awesomeness; within a few days the music was still free, but there appeared a small donate via paypal button.

You can download their amazing music here.

Check them out



What is wrong with artists today

We have the internet and everyone is on it. They don't need stinkin' record companies. I saw in the news yesterday that congress on behalf of these vultures are trying to start prosecuting little kids for lip syncing to their favorite songs on youtube; how sick is that?

I read in the comments some musician whinging about how these kids are stealing his profits. I commented that perhaps if some funny kid did post one of his songs maybe I would have heard of him. Really if you have sold 20 million albums you have plenty of money, and why would you sue and put in jail someone for promoting you? It's just sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment