Monday, May 9, 2011

Family Schmamily



I LOVE my family, but they make me crazy; maybe they bring the crazy out in me. I am the only one that doesn't have children and the only one with crazy radical ideas. So when I visit, everything I say is poo-pooed or voted invalid due to lack of stretch marks.

Dead beat parents are scum and the single parents who do the right thing and tough it out are saints; but, you will never convince me that sending a man to jail with a felony conviction for being a loser and a moron is the right thing to do. My father was completely absent, but never in a million years would I think he deserved to have his life ruined for it.

We have more people, per-capita, imprisoned in this country then any other country in the world, including China. The really scarey part, is that those prisons are privately owned and use the prisoners for what amounts to slave labor; I strongly suspect that this has something to do with why so many people are put there; they are publicly traded and therefore have to, by law, turn a profit.

I believe the only reason a person should be imprisoned is to protect society from them, not to convince an idiot to get a job and support his children.

No comments:

Post a Comment