Thursday, May 12, 2011

From the mind of a woman - we want you to want to help us

This craziness may only be OCD women, like me! When it comes time to perform any task, especially cleaning and organizing the house, things get weird and conflicted in our minds. We all have our set ways of doing things and like to stick to our routines; it makes things move faster and ensures that nothing is forgotten.

Lets go with the example of cleaning the house. I will get irritated that everyone is doing nothing but watching me do all of the work and not lifting a finger to help. I will grumble to myself about their laziness and wish someone would pick up a broom. If I ask for help and get it, I end up regretting it, because I don't like the way they do it and wish they would stop.

In reality, I want help, but I don't. It is freaking stupid. I complain that I have to do it alone, but I want to do it all myself. I want you to want to help, but I don't actually want your help. The weirdest thing of all is that I don't always do a very good job, but I still want it done my way!

I am aware that this makes no sense. I have long since learned, as long as things are put where they belong, to just appreciate the help I get and praise a good job done. As for my man, I only ask him to do manly things that involve computers, tools or heavy lifting; I makes him feel manly and helpful, and I won't have to fight the urge to go behind him and redo his job.

No comments:

Post a Comment