Saturday, May 7, 2011

Predatory Love


As a follow-up to my last post, this is something that I wrote after I had my heart broken for the third time. I was only 19 and by that point I was already starting to get fed up with dating.

Wonderful and illustrious dreams of consuming him dance in my mind, then die at my feet. Quietly I lie awake listening, hearing only the steady rhythm of his heart thundering through my mind. His breath whispers away the dust that coveted my eyes. I open up, only to see him walk away.

His seemingly loving arms embrace one eagerly helpless creature. He grins listlessly as the heart chokes and fades. The love diminished from his eyes, softly he lets her fall; his body warms at the sight of his handiwork.

Nothing subtle in his motives,
nothing feeble in his mannerisms,
no menace in his actions.
It lies within him,
the pain is his.

Wisped away again, the nook in my heart was too big for such a small predator.

No comments:

Post a Comment